db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Calvin (Yu-Hui) Liu" <koif...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: How to shutdown with authentication
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 03:14:55 GMT
Hi, Leonard,

I'm new to derby so maybe this is a stupid question for you: why do you
want to use derby, especially use it as a network service? In another
word, what's the use case of you? It's reasonable for me to use it as
embedded db. But as long as we have more mature db like mysql, I can't
understand that. Could you please give me some clue? Thanks!

Best regards,
Calvin

Leonard Sitongia