db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Martin Zaun <Martin.Z...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to shutdown with authentication
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:32:16 GMT

There's been a discussion of this topic on derby-dev.  Subject:
   NetworkServerControl shutdown w/ authentication failing?

My summary so far:
- 'NetworkServerControl shutdown' (stopNetworkServer) doesn't support
   authentication yet (warning during datbase shutdown); yet, it shuts
   down the server process (may need to run recovery upon next database
   boot).
- Shutdown from ij (shutdown property in URL), for example,
     connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/;shutdown=true;user=MARTIN;password=martinspassword';
   seems to support authentication and properly shuts down the engine
   but keeps the server process running.

We're about to open a JIRA on this for further discussion.
Martin