db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Questions about ij> connect
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 06:30:01 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:

>> Once I've created a schema, how do I specify it for the connect
>> ...;create=true command, or how do I set it for subsequent commands
>> while using ij?
>
> There is a SET SCHEMA statement you can use:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/rrefsqlj32268.html

Also, be aware of default schemas and implicit schema creation, a common source
of confusion. From FAQ 5.3 [1]:

"The current schema for any connection defaults to a schema corresponding to the
user name. If no user name is supplied then the user name (and hence current
schema) defaults to APP.

However even though the current schema is set to the user name, that schema may
not exist. A schema is only created by CREATE SCHEMA or creating an object
(table etc.) in that schema (this is implicit schema creation)."

[1]: http://db.apache.org/derby/faq.html#schema_exist

--
John