db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help for derby out of memory question.
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:47:10 GMT
张伟华 wrote:
> hi
> my project use the derby 10.1 version .some table have 100000 records
> data ,when add ,delete ,query from the table frequently,the derby will
> out of memory ,why the memory can't release auto? how can i free them
> by myself,help help thanks a lot.

> 通过 Windows Live Spaces 与朋友轻松共享您的生活。 立即尝试!
> <http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=zh-cn>
Definitely check for the problems Bryan points out. The amount of memory
the Derby engine requires from the JVM will stabilize when all the
caches have been filled. The exact amount of memory required depends on
the database schema. I have seen systems where the default JVM size is
not sufficient to support the default Derby PageCache, resulting in
OutOfMemory exceptions. If the problem continues after verifying that
all objects are being closed then you can setup tests using a larger JVM
maxHeap or a smaller Derby PageCache until the two are balanced and you
no longer experience OutOfMemory exceptions.