db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: help for derby out of memory question.
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:42:22 GMT
>    my project use the derby 10.1 version .some table have 100000 records
> data ,when add ,delete ,query from the table frequently,the derby will
> out of memory ,why the memory can't release auto?

Two suggestions:

1) Upgrade to 10.2.2.0 as soon as you can. It's got
   many fixes, including a number of memory-related fixes.

2) Ensure that you are closing all JDBC objects that
   you allocate. Verify that every ResultSet, every
   Statement, and every Connection that you use is
   closed when you are done using it. Closing these
   objects allows Derby to reclaim the memory resources.

thanks,

bryan