db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: locking problem when selecting data
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:25:17 GMT
Kasper, Kay wrote:
> Hi Stanley,
>
> over the weekend i produced a test case (see the attachement). During my
> tests I found out, that the not executed commit/rollback of the update
> statement seems to be a solution for my special situation. An other solution
> seems to be to change the lock level to read uncommitted for the selection.
>
> In my opinion these solutions are only workarounds suitable for my
> situation. The central question is, why are there any locks held for nothing
> selected?
>
> Kay
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

  = = =   SNIP  ====

Hi Kay -
Thanks for putting together this test case.  This looks like a bug to
me.  I found a problem report similar to this one but it involved
resultSets.  The underlying cursor was maintaining a lock on the last
row accessed.  [ see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1696 ]

Would you file a JIRA issue on this and attach your test case?  The
procedure is documented at:
        http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html

For now, as I'm sure you know, you will need to issue a commit or set
autocommit on.

Thanks again for the report.