db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Nielsen - Sun Microsystems - Trondheim, Norway" <Thomas.Niel...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: running ij commands from a code in c
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:35:23 GMT
hi yarono,

What exactly do you want to do?
- fork a new process to run ij (with or without a SQL script)?
- execute SQL commands from C?

If you are trying to fork a new process running ij, then please refer to
a suitable OS programmers guide on how to do this.

If you are trying to execute SQL in C, then you're looking for a ODBC
driver. Derby does not come with a (free) ODBC driver, so your options
are to buy a (DRDA capable) ODBC driver, or use a ODBC-JDBC bridge
driver with the Derby JDBC driver. Not aware of any free ODBC-JDBC
bridge drivers off the top of my head if free is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Thomas

--