db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Errors connection to a 10.2.2.0 database
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:51:39 GMT
John C. Turnbull wrote:
> Java 6.0, Windows XP Professional:
>

> I am new to Derby and am using version 10.2.2.0.  My program has been
> connecting to a database without any problems until today when I get the
> following 2 chained exceptions:
>

> java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'TestDB', see the next
> exception for details - Error Code = 40000, SQL State = XJ040
>
> java.sql.SQLException: No class was registered for identifier 24942 -
> Error Code = 20000, SQL State = XBM0U
>

> What do these errors mean?  They recur even after rebooting the machine
> involved.

I don't know the cause of these errors, nor do I know how to fix them, but I've
seen very similar errors occurring intermittently in some of the regression
tests for Derby. See DERBY-2687 [1] for details.

In at least some of these test failures, derby.log reported that the log was
corrupted (ERROR XSLA3). Do you see any such messages in your derby.log file?

Also, is your database encrypted? (that is the case with DERBY-2687)

If you have a reproducible test case that Derby developers could use to debug
this error further, it would be great if you posted it, since I have not been
able to reproduce DERBY-2687 reliably.

Other than that, posting the query that fails and some details about your
database (table definitions etc.) would probably help. If you think your issue
is exactly the same as DERBY-2687 you can attach files to that issue. Otherwise,
creating a new Jira issue would probably be better.

--
John

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2687