db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: java.sql.SQLException: An internal error was identified by RawStore module.
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:33:40 GMT
This derby.log is indeed a recovery boot error.  It has the feel of
the kind of error one would get if someone had deleted a log file
from the log directory.  I've also seen this kind of error if someone
copies an active derby database without using derby backup to insure
a consistent set of database and log files.

What is happening is that recovery is booting trying to REDO work
in the log.  The following error is the key one:
ERROR XSDB4: Page Page(1,Container(0, 560)) is at version 575, the log
file contains change version 1,052, either there are log records of this
page missing, or this page did not get written out to disk properly.

It has found a log record with version 1,052 of the page but the page
on disk is only at version 575, so there are 577 changes to the page
missing from the recovery log files.  Given the number of missing
records for this page, there are going to be big problems with any
attempt to get this table back.

You may want to try using 10.2.2 or even a latest build of the 10.2
branch, but I would not expect it to fix
this recovery error.  It may be better at trying to access the copy
of the corrupt db with log files deleted, I thought fixes had gone
in to solve the bad error handling for null pointers which sometimes
led to the RawStore module error.

The intended solution to problems of this type is to recover from
backup.  But I assume since you are here, there is no backup.  You
can try the path you are already on and try to access a copy of
the db to data mine the corrupt the db, if there is no other way
to get the data.  You may want to post the derby.log from when
you tried to do that.