db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deadlock while preparing statement
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:17:12 GMT
Jim Newsham wrote:

> Some of our developers are reporting deadlock in our application which
> seemed to be related to derby.  Sure enough, it just happened to me.
> It turns out that calling Connection.prepareStatement() simultaneously
> from two separate threads (and using two different connection objects)
> is resulting in deadlock.  This is a pretty severe problem, as it
> brings our application to a halt (or prevents it from shutting down).
>

> I found and commented on the following JIRA entry which is identical
> to what we are seeing.  Is this being actively looked at?

> Regards,
>
> Jim Newsham

Hi Jim -
I see you've added this information to the JIRA issue and that  Bryan
has proposed one course of action - this is the correct way to go.
Experience proves that having a test case makes it much easier (and more
likely) that  an issue will be addressed.  Can you provide a test case
that can be used in investigating this error?  Hopefully it will not be
too difficult to reproduce outside of a complex environment.