db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Stanley Styszynski" <diabe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Users authentication - design problem
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:14:22 GMT
Hello,

Once again thanks for your responses.

I decided that my application will be creating a hidden directory with
database files in user's home directory at first use. It means that there
will be separate databases for each user on a particular machine. This
allows to encrypt the database and prevents users from seeing each other's
measurements.

Is this a right approach? I hope so ;)

Later on, I plan to create a server side application (to keep track of many
patients measurements in the hospital) and then I will probably use
JavaCards (I would like to thank Mr Francois Orsini for pointing it out).

Regards,

Stanley