db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000]" <alan.j.bald...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: java.sql.SQLException: An internal error was identified by RawStore module.
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:11:02 GMT
Yes, I have the original database with transaction logs intact.

Attached is derby.log.  The error is what happens when I try to connect
using the original database with no modifications.  I'm using cloudscape
workbench to try to connect.  Also, the version of Derby I'm using
10.2.1.6, not 10.1.x as I mentioned before.  That was a typo.

Thanks,
-Alan-

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Matrigali [mailto:mikem_app@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 12:59 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: An internal error was identified by
RawStore module.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, ..... delete transaction log files from a database
that you ever hope to get a consistent view of again.  If you are really
getting a recovery error when trying to boot the database you may have
to resort to extreme measures if you have no backup to go to, but
anytime you delete a file from derby data or log directly you have
almost always insured that the database will be corrupt.  Sometimes you
can get lucky and some of the tables are accessible and you can copy
them out to a non-corrupt database.  Hopefully you
were only acting on a copy of the real database, and were just
experimenting.

Were you getting recovery errors on boot when attempting to connect
to the database?

Also the best way to get more info, is to post complete dumps of
derby.log for the various errors you are encountering.  Complete
stack traces, with logStatementText enabled gives a pretty good idea
what is going on.

Note that the "An internal error was identified by RawStore module."
is almost always not the real error - some error before it caused this.
I think fixes for this went into 10.2.
BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a client's database that I cannot connect to.  I assumed that
it
> was a result of a transaction log corruption or some such thing since
we
> have seen that in the past.  As an attempt to salvage it, I tried
> deleting the two transaction logs in the log folder.  Now, I can open
> it, but when I run a statement like SELECT * FROM Dealer, I first get
> NullPointerException.  Then if I execute that or any select statement
> again, I get this:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: An internal error was identified by RawStore
module.

> Is there any way I'm going to be able to salvage this database?  Does
> anyone have any tricks that I could try?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Alan Baldwin-
>
> /This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential
> information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled
> receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all
> attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other
use
> of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited./
>
> /All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to
> monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this
> e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of
"Viruses"
> or other "Malware". Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage
caused
> by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any
> attachment./

prohibited.