db-derby-user mailing list archives

From hk <hyunkich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:15:15 GMT

Even though I am the only user to connect a database, I get the error message
quite soon.
How can I avoid the error message? I have tried to increase maxActive to
double, however it just can stay double number of database connection. In
fact, I was expecting that, because I was the only user, the database
conection maxActive 8 should be enough.

I use JNDI connection pool. My resource in the context.xml is set up like
below

  <Resource
    name="jdbc/NetBlockFlixster"
    url="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/Net"
    auth="Container"
    driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver"
    type="javax.sql.DataSource"
    maxActive="8"   maxIdle="4"
    maxWait="1000"
    username="app"  password="app" />