db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Newsham" <jnews...@referentia.com>
Subject deadlock while preparing statement
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:55:21 GMT

Some of our developers are reporting deadlock in our application which
seemed to be related to derby.  Sure enough, it just happened to me.  It
turns out that calling Connection.prepareStatement() simultaneously from two
separate threads (and using two different connection objects) is resulting
in deadlock.  This is a pretty severe problem, as it brings our application
to a halt (or prevents it from shutting down).

I found and commented on the following JIRA entry which is identical to what
we are seeing.  Is this being actively looked at?

Regards,

Jim Newsham