Hi,

I'm using derby in embedded mode in a project and during development at least, it would be very useful to be able to connect to the database using usual jdbc tools while my application is running. Is there any way to enable the embedded database to accept remote connections as would the server engine?

If this is not possible, is there any workaround, or recommendation for my development? Maybe starting a server together with my app is easy, but I would like something that doesn't require derby installation on the developer's stations...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Xavier

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/