db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Raymond Kroeker" <raym...@raykroeker.com>
Subject Re: TROUBLE CONNECTING TO SERVER USING CLIENT DRIVER
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 21:42:44 GMT
Hi Dan,
    It looks like the url you're using from the client isn't quite right.
For a client/server url you want the logical database name in the url after
the port and not the path to the database.

    So a single server can support multilple databases.  What you'll want to
try is something like

    jdbc:derby://192.168.1.99:1527/apolloDB;create=true

    instead of

    jdbc:derby://192.168.1.99:1527/usr/local/derby/database/apolloDB

    This too will create the db for you if it does not already exist.

On 5/10/07, Petrula, Dan <DPetrula@thezenith.com> wrote:

>  I have a linux server running Redhat ES4 and have Derby 10.2.2.0installed. I can access
the database at the server using the ij tool.

Raymond Kroeker