db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Working with Derby - Activity 2 problem
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 22:48:22 GMT
Hi - When I try to perform activity 2, I run into problems.  I'm
pretty sure that it has to do with how I set my %derby_home% or PATH
environment variables.

I use Windows and set my environment variables through the Control Panel.
I set the %derby_home% environment variable to:
      C:\Derby_10\db-derby-10.2.2.0-bin
Notice this is not the \bin subdirectory

I added this to my PATH
      %DERBY_HOME%/bin;

Now when I try Activity 2, the first step is to change to the new
derydbs directory that I created, and set my %derby_home env. var. in
a command window  So I am assuming that this will override the setting
in the Control Panel for the duraction of the session (the window is
active) and that I need to set it to:
      C:\Derby_10\db-derby-10.2.2.0-bin\derbydbs

but when I run the following command from a command window and try to
"echo %derby_home%" it still says that it is set to
C:\Derby_10\db-derby-10.2.2.0-bin:
     set %derby_home%=c:\derby_10\db-derby-10.2.2.0-bin\derbydbs

Any suggestions on where I have gone wrong will be appreciated :-)

--
Laura Stewart