db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Francois Orsini" <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Password Authentication Failure
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 00:45:09 GMT
Dan,

The error you posted is not an authentication failure one but It would be
great to get more info - The default schema is 'APP' when no user name (or
'APP') is passed to connect to Derby. Are you trying to access some tables
which have not been created yet - That would cause this error to be raised
too...Are you getting this error right upon the connection request or are
you sending some statements - if you could post all the attributes that
you're passing to the DriverManager.getConnection() call, that would be good
too...

You might want to check this FAQ entry about this type of error:
http://db.apache.org/derby/faq.html#schema_exist

Derby's BUILTIN (default) authentication provider can be set at the system
or database level. The BUILTIN authentication scheme will use system-wide
properties if they have not been overriden by database properties - users
can be created at the system or / and database level (database properties).
If a user does not get authenticated successfully, you should get an
authentication failure error.

Also, user system properties are static ones, which means you will need to
restart the server for new ones to be taken into account...

Hope this helps a bit,

--francois