db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Francois Orsini" <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IJ ERROR: Unable to establish connection
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 06:40:55 GMT
Les,

I take it you used a connection URL such as:

Such as in IJ:

D:> java org.apache.derby.tools.ij

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/TheDBName';
ij>

There should be some ij.ksh/bat files available as part of the application
server too...loading the appropriate classes to connect to a derby instance
running in server mode.

java -cp
"%DERBY_HOME%\lib\derbyclient.jar;%DERBY_HOME%\lib\derbytools.jar;%CLASSPATH%"
-Dij.driver=org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver -
Dij.protocol=jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/ org.apache.derby.tools.ij

If you could post the steps you're typing - might be able to help more...