db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject connecting to an embedded database
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 08:31:50 GMT
Hi,

I'm using derby in embedded mode in a project and during development at
least, it would be very useful to be able to connect to the database using
usual jdbc tools while my application is running. Is there any way to enable
the embedded database to accept remote connections as would the server
engine?

If this is not possible, is there any workaround, or recommendation for my
development? Maybe starting a server together with my app is easy, but I
would like something that doesn't require derby installation on the
developer's stations...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Xavier

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!