db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Van Couvering" <david.vancouver...@gmail.com>
Subject maxrows - what does it really mean?
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 22:29:41 GMT
The behavior I want is to say get 10 rows at a time, with the least
amount of processing and network overhead wasted on rows that I am not
interested in yet.  What's the strategy for this?

the setMaxRows() method for Statement says:

"Sets the limit for the maximum number of rows that any ResultSet
object can contain to the given number. If the limit is exceeded, the
excess rows are silently dropped."

What I am wondering is, is there any way to tell the *server* to send
only a certain number of rows, rather than the server processing all
these rows and the client just dropping them.

Also, how is maxrows related to the fetch size of a ResultSet?

Thanks,

David