db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Hibernate commit issue
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 20:16:08 GMT
Josh Donkersloot wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been having an issue where the database portion of my
> application becomes unusable after a commit fails.  I am using
> hibernate 3.2.4 and derby 10.2.2.  The following exception is thrown.
> The database call that causes this exception has been called numerous
> times before during the running of this application and occasionally
> this exception is thrown.  The database call is a simple update.

[snip trace]

Josh, can you run with a debug build and with  the following properties
in your derby.properties file:

derby.language.logStatementText=true
derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0

Then you  should be able to see the full nested exception trace of where
the NPE occurs and the operations leading up to it which might help you
get a reproducible case outside of Hibernate.

Kathey