db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby db - need to disable improved performance
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 16:34:50 GMT
is your app single threaded, if so group commit is not the issue.

What is your OS?  What is your JVM?  Derby may use different syncing
algorithms depending on JVM version.

How did you measure synchronous write, ie. did you
write a java program and execute against the same JVM as derby is
running in?

The disk that that contains the log directory is the one of interest.
Each transaction is made up of a number of log records.  From your
description each transaction will have the following:
begin log record
insert log record for row into base table
insert log record for row into primary key index
commit log record