db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: ERROR 58009: Network protocol exception
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 22:24:46 GMT
m96 wrote:
> the question that i have is: what is DSS chain and what does error 58809
> mean? additionally is there a user name convention - if yes, where is it
> documented?

User names are SQL92Identifiers and the rules are documented at:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/crefsqlj1003454.html

so the @ is not valid but  you should get something friendlier than a
DSS error which is a protocol error, which you shouldn't get so I think
that part of it is a bug.   Just trying to connect with  ij  with client
I don't see it.
ij> connect
'jdbc:derby://localhost:1528/wombat;create=true;user=user@host.com';
ERROR XJ041: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ041, SQLERRMC:
Failed to create database 'wombat', see the next exception for details::
SQLLSTATE: 28502The user name 'user@host.com' is not valid.

Putting the user name in double quotes allows me to use @ e.g.
connect
'jdbc:derby://localhost:1528/wombat;create=true;user="user@host.com"';

Can you post a reproduction for the DSS error or file a bug in Jira.
http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html

> furthermore if i can not user numbers only or special characters like
> '@' in user names then is it possible to map user names. e.g. for
> authentication i'm using 'user@host.com' and after successful
> authentication it's mapped by my authentication class to an other name
> 'user1' ?

I don't think this can be done.  I hope the double quotes work ok for you.

Kathey