db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <jtander...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: can't call a stored procedure
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 20:56:53 GMT
hk wrote:
> I tried to call a sampe stored procedure, but I got an error message saying
>
> " Error code -1, SQL state 42X51: The class 'routines_jar:store' does not
> exist or is inaccessible. This can happen if the class is not public.
> SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: 'routines_jar:store:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.
> Line 3, column 1."
>
> I had made a public class and a public static method, which is called
> "store" and "dropTable" respectively,
> made a jar file, which is called "Javalibrary1.jar",
> and installed the jar file with the sqlj.install_jar using a jar name
> "routines_jar" into a database.
>
> And, then I had createad a  stored procedure with external name
> "routines_jar:store.dropTable", which is called "DROP_TABLE",
> and called the stored procedure Drop_TABLE with a parameter.
>
> Then, I got an error message above, which basically is saying "The class
> 'routines_jar:store' does not exist or is inaccessible." I was trying to
> figure out the problem, but stiil I coudn't.
>
> What would be the problem? help me, please.

This page on the wiki points to some working examples:

   http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines

I wonder if one of them in particular might help -- it's a pointer to a
post that shows how to drop table in a procedure [1].

If not, I suggest you post your java code, if that's possible (but don't
post anything proprietary), and the SQL statements you use to create the
procedure and install the jar file in the database.

regards,

 -jean

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/200510.mbox/%3C43415F06.3040601@sun.com%3E