db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR XSAI2: The conglomerate requested does not exist.
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 15:47:30 GMT
Daniel Noll wrote:
> It was while running this statement...
>   CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_CHECKPOINT_DATABASE()
>
> That I got the following exception:
>   ERROR XSAI2: The conglomerate (113) requested does not exist.
> 	at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException.java:311)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.index.B2IFactory.readConglomerate(B2IFactory.java:241)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMAccessManager.conglomCacheFind(RAMAccessManager.java:486)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.findExistingConglomerate(RAMTransaction.java:389)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.openScan(RAMTransaction.java:1582)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.getDescriptorViaIndex(DataDictionaryImpl.java:7111)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.getTableDescriptorIndex1Scan(DataDictionaryImpl.java:1672)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.getUncachedTableDescriptor(DataDictionaryImpl.java:1698)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.NameTDCacheable.setIdentity(NameTDCacheable.java:109)
>
> What does this mean exactly?
>
> Daniel

HI Daniel -
A conglomerate is a data or index file in Derby.  The message means
conglomerate number 113 was referenced but could not be found.  It
appears the object was an index that was referenced in the cache but I
can't tell much else from the stack trace.  Files are removed when
objects are dropped but this should not result in an error.  Was this a
fatal error or did processing continue uninterrupted?

Could you supply additional information regarding the processing that
was happening at the time the check point was issued and the version
being used?  Would you post the information in the derby.log so we have
any additional information reported by the server?  It would be good to
try and  understand what might have caused this.