db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: TROUBLE CONNECTING TO SERVER USING CLIENT DRIVER
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 21:24:09 GMT
> host and the port. I could successfully ping the Apache Webserver
> getting port 80, but not the Derby server.

You don't mention a lot about how you started the network server,
but are you using the "-h" parameter? Note that, as it says on:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/adminguide/tadmincbdjhhfd.html

     By default, the Network Server will listen to requests only on
     the loopback address, which means that it will only accept
     connections from the local host.

If you want to connect to the Network Server remotely, you need to
use "-h" to tell it to listen on more than just the internal address.

thanks,

bryan