db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL Exception: Container xxx not found
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 23:58:51 GMT
Parker, Patricia (LNG-CON) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing an application that does bulk loading and inserting
> into tables that are created on-the-fly. I create four tables and
> bulk-load data into them. Then I run a process that creates four
> tables and selectively inserts data from the bulk-loaded tables into
> the newly created tables. The bulk loads seem to go fine, but during
> the insert process, I am randomly getting the error “SQL Exception:
> Container xxx not found”. The error does not happen on the same table
> every time, and some times everything runs fine. I am only writing at
> most eight records to a table, so I have not begun to put a load on
> the process yet. Can you provide some guidance?
>
> Thanks
>
> Patty

Hi Patty -
I haven't heard of problems using Derby as you describe and think some
additional information would be helpful. There should be detailed
information in the derby.log file including a stack trace that will be
helpful in zeroing in on the problem. Posting the whole log will be a
help in knowing the version and if other issues are being reported.
Also, please describe how the processes (two?) that perform 1) the bulk
load and 2) the inserts are initiated and synchronized.