db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: problem with starting Java DB Server
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 07:17:29 GMT
teke@ug.bilkent.edu.tr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are doing a project in Netbeans 5.5 and using Apache Derby 10.2.2.0.
> But there is a problem with the DB, when we close the connection from the NETBEANS IDE,
we cannot establish a new connection to the Server.
> Could you please suggest a work around for this problem.

Please provide more details, otherwise suggesting workarounds will be like
shooting in the dark ;)

- How do you start the server?

(e.g. via the Java DB module (Tools -> Java DB Database -> Start Java DB
Server), or from the command line, or from a Java application?)

- How do you open and close the connection from NetBeans?

(Using the Runtime tab in NetBeans, using JDBC calls in a Java application, ...)

- What kind of error messages do you get?

Thanks,

--
John