db-derby-user mailing list archives

From m96 <...@gmx.li>
Subject ERROR 58009: Network protocol exception
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 20:35:32 GMT
hi,

I have written a new authentication Class that implements
UserAuthenticator according to [1] for my derby network server. but
unfortunately i get the following error:

---
ERROR 58009: Network protocol exception: DSS chained with same id at the
end of same id chain parse. The connection has been terminated.
ERROR 08004: Connection authentication failure occurred. Reason: the
user id is not authorized to access the database.
---

after some try-and-error i found out that this happens when the user
name is an email address (e.g. 'user@host.com') or begins with a number
(e.g. '123456'.) on the other hand user names like 'user' or 'user1'
work fine.

the question that i have is: what is DSS chain and what does error 58809
mean? additionally is there a user name convention - if yes, where is it
documented?

furthermore if i can not user numbers only or special characters like
'@' in user names then is it possible to map user names. e.g. for
authentication i'm using 'user@host.com' and after successful
authentication it's mapped by my authentication class to an other name
'user1' ?

thanks in advance.
cheers...

[1] http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/rdevexudclass.html