db-derby-user mailing list archives

From hk <hyunkich...@yahoo.com>
Subject Connection is closed.
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 23:18:44 GMT

I got an error message saying that root cause is java.sql.SQLException:
Connection is closed, while I was testing a insertion using a prepared
statement in debug mode.

My web application uses a connection pool.
I was examining some problem that is related to an auto-generated identity
attribute.

By the way, I can access and retrieve other table and data, but when my
program tries to access and retreive the table and data, which I was
examming in debug mode, the error message occurs constantly.

The full error message is like below
================================
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Connection is closed.

org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1858)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:459)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

root cause

java.sql.SQLException: Connection is closed.

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.checkOpen(PoolingDataSource.java:174)

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.rollback(PoolingDataSource.java:287)

com.netblockflixster.action.RegistrationAction.execute(RegistrationAction.java:110)

org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:53)

org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractExecuteAction.execute(AbstractExecuteAction.java:64)

org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:48)
	org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)

org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)
	org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)

org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:280)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1858)
	org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:459)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.17 logs.