db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ehsavoie <emmanuel.hugon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't shutdown cleanly
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 16:11:06 GMT

ehsavoie wrote:

> Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>>
>>> All seems to be going fine but when I shutdown my webapp, the
>>> NetworkServerControl.shutdown() is correctly called but I have db.lck
>>> and
>>> dbex.lck left :o(.
>>
>> I think this may be DERBY-51:
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-51
>>
>>> Also if I try to restart my webapp, the
>>> NetworkServerControl.start() fails.
>>
>> How does it fail? Can you provide more information?
>>
>>> I don't understand why I am getting such an issue. Can't i start and
>>> stop
>>> Derby in the same JVM ?
>>
>> One thing you could try would be: before you shut down your network
>> server,
>> first shut down your database:
>> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/devguide/tdevdvlp40464.html#tdevdvlp40464
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> bryan
>>

> I don't use any embedded connection so that's why I thought that DERBY-51
> didn't apply.
> I think it doesn't start because the server isn't closed and there are
> connections pending on the listening port.
> As for shutting down the database, i don't have the url since I use a JNDI
> datasource but i'll try itwith hardcoding.
>

> As for shutting down

Sorry I have lost the end of my answer:
This is the error message I get when restarting the webapp :
org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1,
SQLSTATE: XJ040, SQLERRMC: Failed to start database 'ed', see the next
exception for details.

If I check derby.log I have :
2007-05-14 15:54:41.561 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_42,5,derby.daemons]
(DATABASE = ed), (DRDAID = {1}), Java exception: ':
java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException'.

I have tried to dereference the driver but it changes nothing. Also the
shutdown command fails if I try it through a network url (database not
found) or with an embeded url (java.sql.SQLTransientConnectionException:
Database 'ed' shutdown.)