db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ehsavoie <emmanuel.hugon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't shutdown cleanly
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 15:10:56 GMT

Bryan Pendleton wrote:

>> All seems to be going fine but when I shutdown my webapp, the
>> NetworkServerControl.shutdown() is correctly called but I have db.lck and
>> dbex.lck left :o(.
>
> I think this may be DERBY-51:
>
>> Also if I try to restart my webapp, the
>> NetworkServerControl.start() fails.
>
> How does it fail? Can you provide more information?
>
>> I don't understand why I am getting such an issue. Can't i start and stop
>> Derby in the same JVM ?
>
> One thing you could try would be: before you shut down your network
> server,
> first shut down your database:
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/devguide/tdevdvlp40464.html#tdevdvlp40464
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

I don't use any embedded connection so that's why I thought that DERBY-51
didn't apply.
I think it doesn't start because the server isn't closed and there are
connections pending on the listening port.
As for shutting down the database, i don't have the url since I use a JNDI
datasource but i'll try itwith hardcoding.

As for shutting down