db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ehsavoie <emmanuel.hugon...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't shutdown cleanly
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 12:29:25 GMT

Hi,
I am using Derby in Network mode with a webapp in Tomcat. I start it through
an ApplicationListener and I shut it down when I stop the webapp. I have
defined a JNDI Datasource with a dbcp pool to the server in my context.xml
file.
All seems to be going fine but when I shutdown my webapp, the
NetworkServerControl.shutdown() is correctly called but I have db.lck and
dbex.lck left :o(. Also if I try to restart my webapp, the
NetworkServerControl.start() fails. If I shudown Tomcat and restart it all
runs fine.
I tried to close my datasource thinking that maybe it comes from having
opened connections because of the pool but it didn't change anything.
I don't understand why I am getting such an issue. Can't i start and stop
Derby in the same JVM ?
Thanks,
Emmanuel