db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dustin S Houck <dustin_s_ho...@raytheon.com>
Subject Derby Db tables returned in uppercase???
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:28:53 GMT

Hello,

I have been playing around with derby to determine if we want to use it in
a project at my work.  I have the db set up and populating the db with
table and am able to connect to the db using jdbc.  But after playing
around with it and completing some queries it appears the derby returns
query results with table names and column names in all caps (even though I
created then in lower case using the ij tool).

Is this correct? Has derby been implemented to always return table names
and column names in uppercase?  (this seems odd to me, since the derby db
is “case sensitive”)

Are there any settings/workarounds to fix this??

Dustin S. Houck
Software Engineer II
Raytheon Technical Services Company, LLC