db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Sedillo, Derek \(Mission Systems\)" <Derek.Sedi...@ngc.com>
Subject IJ scripting - parameters or variables?
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:25:21 GMT
Hello,

Currently we perform all our Oracle DB builds using SQL scripts.  The
scripts take parameters such as the install directory which varies from
server to server, development vs. production, etc...

Is there any way to pass in variables to ij SQL scripts or define local
variables?  If not do you have to manually 'hard code' everything in
your scripts?

Here is a code snippet from one of our Oracle build script:

--
-- to use this script:
--    Parameters -
--      1st Param:  INSTALL_DIR
--      2nd Param:  SID_TO_BUILD
--      @build_unclass_db.sql INSTALL_DIR SID_TO_BUILD
--    EXAMPLE:
--    @build_unclass_db.sql ora3 DEV1
--
define INSTALLDIR=/&1/&2

Is there any spec on ij scripting syntax?  So far the only documentation
I have discovered is 'very' minimal:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/tools/

Thank you for any help on the matter.

- Derek