db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derby compile problem
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 01:50:37 GMT
On 4/24/07, Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Check your ant build properties.  I believe that this should be set to yes:
>
> Proceed = no

Proceed should be set to no. The build shouldn't need to keep going
past any compile error to have a successful build.

> Richard Pöttler wrote:
> >
> > compile_iapi_jdbc_jsr169:
> >     [javac] Compiling 10 source files to /home/richi/temp/db-derby-10.2.2.0-src/classes
> >     [javac] /home/richi/temp/db-derby-10.2.2.0-src/java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/EmbedConnection.java:94:
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection is not abstract and does not override abstract
method setSavepoint(java.lang.String) in java.sql.Connection
> >     [javac] public class EmbedConnection implements EngineConnection
> >     [javac]        ^
> >     [javac] 1 error
> >
> > Could anyone help me please or point me in the direction how to get the
> > compilation working?

I would expect to see this error if you have set
'compile.classpath=${java14compile.classpath}' in your
~/ant.properties.

Please make sure that you have not set compile.classpath anywhere. If
you are not attempting to compile the JSR169 classes, then
compile.classpath should automatically be set to equal
${java13compile.classpath} in
tools/ant/properties/compilepath.properties.

HTH,
andrew