db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors hen building derby using eclipse
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:02:47 GMT
On 4/19/07, Dimple Bhatia <dimp20@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> I did follow the instructions in BUILDING.txt in the 10.2 branch which i am
> trying to build. Here are the content sof my ant.properties
>

> j14lib=c:/myddrive/J2Se1.4/jre/lib
>
> j13lib=c:/myddrive/jdk1.3/jre/lib
>
> proceed=true
>
> I am notsure whether the IBM JVM is being used but i tried to add the
> java14compileclasspth tot he properties file and that did not help either.
> Fromt he compile errors, it looks like it doesn't find the classes in the
> JCE. I have palced those jarsin %derbsource%/tools/javaas per the
> instructions in BUILDING.txt I don't see the classpath being set to
> %derbsource%/tools/java So I don't understand how it will find it.
>
> I also tried to build the source in the workspace from the command line
> using ant all but i see the same errors.
>
> Any other suggestions?

The Derby build sets a number of properties that point to various jar
files and resources by reading in several properties files from
tools/ant/properties. If for some reason Ant cannot find the JCE jar
in tools/java/jce1_2_2.jar, as specified in
tools/ant/properties/compilepath.properties, you can try overriding
that setting by adding 'jce1_2_1=/full/path/to/jce1_2_2.jar' in your
~/ant.properties.

HTH,
andrew