db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors hen building derby using eclipse
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 03:32:58 GMT
On 4/18/07, Dimple Bhatia <dimp20@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am tryin to build the derby source using eclipse. I am using this link i
> found on the derby wiki
> -
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby#head-0c0abaf557bc2cfe0efdbdd9a6098de1db0f6bb2
> I have followed the instructions in building.txt but when I build i see a
> lot of errors such as below: I tried to add the jce1_2_2.ajr, junit.jar and
> jdbc2_0-stdext.jar as extnal jars to the project libraries under java build
> path but still the same problem. I am using the Ant builder asper the
> istrauctions on the above website.
> I woudl appreciate your hints.

The classpath for the build is not determined by Eclipse's Java Build
Path when building inside Eclipse using a custom Ant Builder. Several
Ant properties need to be set in your ~/ant.properties file or loaded
with Ant's -propertyfile option. See the file BUILDING.txt that is
included in your checkout of the Derby source tree for more
information about how to set these properties. The brief version is:

* If you are building the trunk, make sure that j14lib is set to the
location of a JDK 1.4 installation's 'jre/lib' directory in your
~/ant.properties and that you can build from the command-line using
Ant.

* If you are building one of the branches, be sure to follow all of
the instructions in BUILDING.txt included with the branch and make
sure that you have at least the j13lib and j14lib properties set in
your ~/ant.properties.

* If you are using an IBM JVM, be sure to follow the instructions in
section 3.2.2 of BUILDING.txt regarding the setting of the
java14compile.classpath property.

HTH,
andrew