db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on Working with JavaDB Activities
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 01:51:52 GMT
Hi
Besides what John suggested check to be sure you have a JDK (developers
kit) and not just the JRE (runtime environment) on your machine.  The
JRE does not contain the java compiler (javac.exe).  You can do a
search/find to locate javac if you are not sure if/where it is.  If not
found you need to install a JDK

I don't know JCreator but other IDEs I am familiar with have special
ways of setting up CLASSPATH for each Project/Environment.  Check that
the Derby jar files are known / included in the JCreator workspace.  I
would bet that JCreator has javac somewhere in it's installation.