db-derby-user mailing list archives

From frederic barachant <ms.barach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: commit then read immediately
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:17:08 GMT
Craig L Russell a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Are the reader and writer in different processes? Then caching is
> definitely on your list of "to be investigated".
>
> If there's no caching, I can't think of anything that might cause this.
>
> Another possibility is that you are not managing relationships
> correctly (on both sides of the relationship). And the access pattern
> relies on navigating relationships instead of querying or finding
> instances by key.

I do not think it is the case. Remember that a simple sleep after commit
changes/'corrects' the behavior. No other code change is needed.

>> Is there a way to prevent this if it is a known behavior?
>
> It's unlikely that this is a Derby issue.
That was my first guess, as no one would use it if it were the case. :)

> Have you tried multiple JPA implementations?

Not yet.
> Have you asked this same question on your JPA implementation's forum?

Not yet. I wanted to start at lowest level first. This will be my next step.
> Good luck,
Thank you, i will need it.