db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Is DdlUtils good for transfering data from Oracle to Derby
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:43:50 GMT
Peter Neu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> has anybody worked with DdlUtils, Derby and Oracle? I would like to transfer
> data from an Oracle DB to Derby is DdlUtils the right tool to use?
>
> Problem is I also have some stored procedures which I need to port to Derby.
> Any chance of doing this?

Derby doesn't have anything like Oracle's pl/sql (if that's still what
it's called these days -- I last used Oracle about 15 years ago). Derby
only supports SQL procedures and functions implemented in java; more
info is here:

   http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines

There's a proposal for adding support for procedures implemented in SQL:

   http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/SqlPsmSupport

But I don't recall seeing any action on that proposal yet.

 -jean