db-derby-user mailing list archives

From frederic barachant <ms.barach...@free.fr>
Subject commit then read immediately
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:05:58 GMT
Hello.
I have an application which initialises a database upon first start then
immediately starts using it.
Initialisation consists in writing objects through jpa. After commit is
done, the program starts and reads back those data.
Unfortunatly unless i set a slight sleep() after commit, data are not
read back on first launch, so it seems that there is a delay between the
moment when data is commited and the moment when it is accessible. This
is of course not acceptable for my application as everything written
must be immediately readable.

Is my analysis correct? Is there a way to prevent this if it is a known
behavior?

I am using derby 10.2.2 in jdk6u1 on XP.

Thank you.