db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ij command
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 06:37:59 GMT
Nems wrote:
> I have problem running the ij command that is located under
> C:\Derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin
> I got an error like this:
> C:\Derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin>ij
> JAVA_HOME not set or could not find java executable in JAVA_HOME.
> Please set JAVA_HOME to the location of a valid Java installation.

It looks like you are using a Derby 10.2 version. In Derby 10.2.x the scripts
under frameworks\ are deprecated, which means that they are not necessarily kept
up to date, and that you should use the scripts in the bin\ directory instead.

Regardless, the scripts for 10.2.x require that JAVA_HOME is set. For
instructions on how to set up your environment to work with the new versions of
the scripts, see for example the Getting Started Guide:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/getstart/

P.S. You don't have to set JAVA_HOME if you use derbyrun.jar to invoke ij, for
example:

C:\> java -jar C:\Derby\lib\derbyrun.jar ij

--
John