db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Store very large Strings
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:38:32 GMT
> New trace :)

Thanks Ruben!

But we still don't seem to be getting down to the actual IOException.

I'm expecting to see a line that says:

java.io.IOException: ...

with the actual information and the actual stack trace of the
IOException itself, but so far all we've seen is the wrapping
SQLException instances.

I suspect the information about the root cause is in the IOException proper.

Did you follow the stack trace all the way to the end (that is,
until you got a NULL return from getNextException())?

If you did, perhaps you can bring your code up in a Java debugger
and set a breakpoint when java.io.IOException is thrown?

thanks,

bryan