db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Store very large Strings
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:22:01 GMT
> problems when *reading* from the CLOB.. When I call the
> ResultSet.getString on the CLOB I get a IOException thrown, when the
> String is large... Is this a known problem?

Might be a resource exhaustion problem. Can you print out the
entire exception stack trace, including all chained exceptions,
and enclose that information? Also, are you running embedded or
in the client/server configuration?

If the exception indicates that you're running out of memory, can
you try specifying more memory for your JVM and see if that fixes it?

And how large do you mean by "the String is large"?

thanks,

bryan