db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DERBY_HOME for UNIX
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:06:58 GMT
Hemant Gaur wrote:
> derby version db-derby-10.2.1.6-bin
>
> For UNIX the default scripts need DERBY_HOME to be set.
[snip demonstration]

> This is automatically determined in Windows bats by relating path to the
> current dir, but for some unknown reason for the Solaris scripts, the
> DERBY_HOME is additionally checked as the first step.

You are right, I noticed this difference in behavior (between .bat and .sh
scripts) when I was working on the related DERBY-2501 [1], but I did not have a
particular itch for doing anything about it at that time.

> Removing this check the derby home is properly set from the
> derby_common.sh called in the next step.

Won't the logic for determining the correct path have to be moved from
derby_common.sh to each top-level script as well?

Anyway, you are free to create a new Jira issue for improving this. I'm sure you
will get comments if things need to be the way they are for some reason.

--
John

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2501