db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Richard Pöttler <richard.poett...@deri.org>
Subject Re: derby compile problem
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:57:46 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 06:50:37PM -0700, Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> > Richard Pöttler wrote:
> > >
> > > compile_iapi_jdbc_jsr169:
> > >     [javac] Compiling 10 source files to
> > /home/richi/temp/db-derby-10.2.2.0-src/classes
> > >     [javac]
> > /home/richi/temp/db-derby-10.2.2.0-src/java/engine/org/apache/derby/impl/jdbc/EmbedConnection.java:94:

> > org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection is not abstract and does not
> > override abstract method setSavepoint(java.lang.String) in
> > java.sql.Connection
> > >     [javac] public class EmbedConnection implements EngineConnection
> > >     [javac]        ^
> > >     [javac] 1 error
> > >
> > > Could anyone help me please or point me in the direction how to get the
> > > compilation working?
>
>  I would expect to see this error if you have set
>  'compile.classpath=${java14compile.classpath}' in your
>  ~/ant.properties.
>
>  Please make sure that you have not set compile.classpath anywhere. If
>  you are not attempting to compile the JSR169 classes, then
>  compile.classpath should automatically be set to equal
>  ${java13compile.classpath} in
>  tools/ant/properties/compilepath.properties.

Hi,

thanks for your answers.

I started with a newly extracted source archive, copied
only the jar files, and kept my old ~/ant.properties, where i only set j13lib,
j14lib and jdk16. The error was the same...

Then i tried out to run to build process with ant 1.6.5 (formerly i was using
ant 1.7.0). After the change it run smoothly, except, that it couldn't find some
javax.crypto.* classes. I had to use bouncycastle as jce implementation, so i
modified jce1_2_1 in tools/ant/properties/compilepath.properties to
${javatools.dir}/jce-jdk13-136.jar, and now everything works fine.

Please don't ask me, why the change of ant from 1.7.0 to 1.6.5 had such big
impact on the build.

Thanks again to you all.

bye
richi