db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Joe Annoni <jann...@yahoo.com>
Subject question on Working with JavaDB Activities
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:18:02 GMT
Couple of novice questions here (your help is much
appreciated!):

1) While going through the "Working with JavaDB" pdf
in Step 2 of Activity 3 (ie, page 14), I'm getting a
command line error of "'javac' is not recognized as an
internal or external command...".  I presume there is
a problem with my JAVA_HOME path, but I've changed it
from the "java/j2re1.4.2_03" directory (which has
worked for everything else) to "java/jdk1.6.0" (where
the 'javac.exe' file exists) and still nothing.  Is
there somewhere else where the 'javac' command should
be picked up?

2) Separately, I compiled the WwdEmbedded.java file in
an IDE (JCreator) and when I trying executing it I get
"ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver".  I understand
this may be a CLASSPATH problem, however when I check
%classpath% it shows it pointing to the 'derby.jar'
and 'derbytools.jar' files.  Any other common problems
or suggestions?

Thanks for your help!