db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Andrew W (Rosetta)" <Andrew_Br...@Rosettabio.com>
Subject Can I pass an array to a stored procedure?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 21:50:52 GMT
After reading through the documentation it doesn't seem like passing an
array to a stored procedure is possible:

Java stored procedure:

package com.test.annotation;

public class UpdateData
{
   public static void NewDataAdded(List newIds, long speciesId) throws
SQLException
    {
    	Connection conn = null;
    	try
	{
		etc....

Derby Stored Procedure....

CREATE PROCEDURE gt.newdataadded(IN newIds ??????, IN speciesid BIGINT)
PARAMETER STYLE JAVA MODIFIES SQL DATA LANGUAGE JAVA EXTERNAL NAME
'com.test.annotation.UpdateData.NewDataAdded';

There doesn't seem to be a datatype to support this.  I tried setting
the datatype to BIGINT but when I called the procedure it would throw an
error 'ERROR 42X50: No method was found that matched the method
call....'

Is there a way to do this?

- Andrew